A few new videos that can help to inspire ideas of how to work with different tools have been created and put on the video page. There is a small gallery at the bottom too.
An A5 white card using the Encaustic Art wax block colours and working mostly with the white sponge block. Doodling is really about discovery through play. That’s what happened in this session. It’s really just about looking at possibilities as they arise and taking advantage or completely changing what exists. Encaustic Art allows this versatility and offers a playground for discovering something that finally satisfies – until next time that is!
A fantasy doodle sequence where an A5 white card is worked on the Compact Hotplate to a fantasy ending. Once that result is completed the piece is then developed with the Stylus Pro to add colour and alter the image to find a better final result.
Yes, another one of those short little doodles on the compact hotplate. It is such a fun tool for this type of playful experimentation. And the things used were A5 white painting card, encaustic art wax blocks, sponge set, rubber comb and compact hotplate heated by the iron (anodised 250mm x 185mm plate). If you are looking for any of those things then try in https://encaustic.com/shop/ or the manufacturers website https://encausticart.com in the products section.
An encaustic art A5 which started life on the compact hotplate. A texture sponge (the orange one) was used to create a flat even coloured background. Then a scrapy wax mover tool was used to shape clean white card areas in the form of flowers. After cooling the Stylus Pro tool with drawing tip was used to colour in the flowers and embellish the final piece. A quick polish with tissue and it is done. Flower Power! * Note that the compact hotplate example is similar but not the one elaborated because I didn’t film the original one – so filmed another to show you the idea.
After creating an encaustic art wax image called “Looking at Possibilities” and then uploading it to the web I received a comment. This observation was that the image felt perhaps upside down. Well, that was indeed a possibility, exactly what I had been looking into. So, without further ado I turned the image upside down and reworked it into a different end result, and yet retaining large parts of the original image (now upside down). So if you are interested to see that, and perhaps notice or learn a few tips for this type of reworking approach then please feel invited to watch the video.